Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Please pray for us

I have so much on my mind right now, so much that I cannot focus on doing my homework so I need to put these thoughts somewhere, whether someone reads them or not.

I’m incredibly stressed out about class tonight. I had major stage fright while practicing EMT skills with my classmates. We don’t normally practice in front of the whole class, we usually break up into smaller groups with which we have, I think its safe to call, “comfort zones,” girls with the girls and guys with the guys. Tonight our class was smaller due to some missing classmates so for those of us who were attending, we were all one large group.

I was so nervous, I forgot the simplest things, things I can usually do in my “comfort zone” with no problem. Everyone in my class is super awesome and I feel comfortable with all of them its just tonight was a bit different with all eyes on me.

Aaron made a good point to me tonight though, when I came home I told him about how bad I choked in class and he said “You’re going to be put on the spot in real life” basically get used to it. He is so right!

I have 4 weeks left of class and then I take the big kahuna, National Registry Exam, which includes the written exam (which I’m honestly not worried about) and the skills testing. As we get closer I get more and more nervous!

I’ve had my good confident days and I’ve had my stressful unconfident days, today was one of those. When I don’t perform well in class it affects me for days after and I’m hard on myself.

Please pray for my classmates and myself that we will all make it through this.

No comments: