Friday, May 6, 2011

I PASSED STEP 1!

National Registry is an exam process required, at least in my state Colorado, to become certified as an EMT.

STEP 1 is the test of your skills (NREMT skills). I went in to role play, if you will, with “patients” and I was required to assess them based on the specific scenario given by my proctor. I had to complete each skill with basically 100% accuracy (I couldn’t miss any critical steps in giving care) in order to pass each skill. We were tested on a total of 6 skills. Each of which completely different such as assessing a trauma patient, medical patient, performing CPR and using an AED machine, inserting oral and nasal airways, bleeding and shock management, immobilizing/splinting, etc. There are multiple steps for each skill.

I PASSED all 6 skills!

Now I’m on to STEP 2 in a few weeks.

STEP 2 is National Registry written exam (NREMT written).

Wish me luck! This is a huge deal for me and will shape my future!




You're looking at future EMT-Basics!

I am in front on the far right corner =)

No comments: