Saturday, March 26, 2011

EMT-Basic Skills Training


This "patient" is being strapped to a backboard. We practiced doing this a lot!

We even had two vehicles that we worked on getting "patients" out of! Extrication is harder than it looks!


CPR is something I think most if not all of us are now completely comfortable with. We have practiced this a respectable million times now! :)


Managing two patients or more at once can be a challenge!


Here you see students holding C-spine, which means they are immobilizing the patient's neck and the other students are supporting the rest of the body as they position the patient on a back board.

I am kicking myself if the butt now for not bringing my camera to class, but the pictures above are other students (not of my school) practicing similar skills that we practiced all day yesterday. There was supposed to be someone from the college taking pictures, but I don't think they were there.

April 16th 2011 we will be practicing MCI's (Mass Casualty Incidents) which we will all be together again for a full day practicing! That one should be interesting!

No comments: